Discovering the right home should be an exciting event. As a Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Montana Properties sales professional, my commitment is to make your home search as stress-free as possible.
- Identifying up-front what is affordable
- I will select only those properties that most closely meet your unique needs
- We will schedule time to look at homes and neighborhoods together
- If the seller or their real estate professional is at the property when we are there, it would be best for you to limit your conversation with them
- You can use the Homefinding Worksheets I give you to evaluate each property or work with my personal rating system: "Must have, would love to have and in a perfect world you would have"
- To help me find the right home for you, I will ask you to tell me your thoughts about each property you see – the positives and negatives
- We will continue to assess your needs and buying criteria
- Landline, see internet providers
Drivers License Update
Don't forget to update your MT drivers license! MT law requires an address update within 10 days of a move.
Completing Your Home Purchase
Your Single Information Source
Big Sky Sotheby's International Real Estate
Important Ways to Protect Your Interests
The following questions will help identify how finding and buying a home can be an enjoyable experience for you:
- What is your timeframe?
- Who will be included in the homefinding and buying decisions?
- Thinking of previous homefinding experiences, what were the most positive features of those experiences?
- Were there any unpleasant features of your previous homefinding experiences that you hope to avoid this time?
- What are your expectations of me as your real estate professional?
- What specific services and support do you expect?
There are several ways to help support a trouble-free home purchase:
- A written property disclosure statement from the seller will reveal any problems with the house and the surrounding area that you need to know about
- Professional inspections can reveal structural, roof, mold and other problems with the property that the seller will need to remedy
- A home service plan can give you peace of mind by providing repair-or-replace coverage of major home operating systems and appliances
- A preliminary title report informs you of any problems with the property’s title and a policy of title insurance protects your rights to the property
- A walk-through before closing will allow you to make sure all required work has been taken care of and that the property is ready to become yours
The property is YOURS! Now, what about those utility services?
I have access to virtually every property for sale in this market, regardless of whether or not it is being offered by a Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices real estate sales professional, and will show you the homes that best match your requirements including:
- All homes marketed by our Berkshire Hathaway Agents
- All properties listed by other brokers through the Multiple Listing Services (MLS)
- Properties not on the open market yet
- Many properties offered by “For Sale by Owner”
- Properties advertised in newspapers or buyers’ guide
- Properties advertised on the Internet
- Open houses
- Properties displaying “For Sale” signs
Once you have found the right property, the next step
is to make the offer to the seller.
- Determine the price and timeline you want to offer the seller
- Finalize your financing choices
- Decide on other issues that are important to you such as:
- Items of personal property you want included
- Home Service Plan, inspections, repairs, lien search, etc.
- Special concessions or limitations specific to your offer
- Be sure to reference a calendar to ensure you can meet the dates referenced in the contract. Time is of the essence!
- I will present your offer and negotiate with the seller through their sales professional for your best interests
- Once you have reached an agreement with the seller, you will have a firm contract to purchase the home... yeah!
It can take 15-90 days to complete all the steps involved in a home sale, depending on the complexity of the transactions. I will work closely with everyone involved in the transaction to help ensure that it moves ahead as smoothly as possible.
- Explain to you in detail all the steps that will occur and answer your questions
- Work with the seller’s broker to see that they fulfill their responsibilities under the contract
- Stay in touch with the escrow officer, title officer, lender and others to help coordinate their activities and to help keep the transaction moving forward
- Communicate with you on a regular basis so that you can stay informed and as worry-free as possible
The property you buy will be much more than a house; it will be your home.
The following questions will help me find your ideal home:
- How many people will be living in your household?
- What would you consider a comfortable commute?
- What are the most important activities for the members of your household?
- What is something you disliked about the house or area where you lived previously?
- What are one or more features you liked most about homes you’ve lived in previously?
- What are the most “must have” features of your ideal home and neighborhood?
Finding and buying the right home is a highly personalized process, and it all begins by identifying your needs.
- The values, interests and priorities you want this move to facilitate
- The features you are looking for in a home
- How a neighborhood can best match your needs and lifestyle
- How the homefinding process will need to be tailored to fit your plans
- The support you expect to receive from me